Thursday, August 7, 2008

I have a confession to make...

I have a confession to make. I am actually enjoying our journey. I know, I know. How can a person that is withholding extras from their life enjoy it!?! Well, it is easy to enjoy when it hits you that the extras in life are not what makes life better or worse.

For example, there is an ice cream place that we frequent in our neighborhood. (And when I say frequent think several times a week!). We haven't stopped by since we started our journey. And although a medium sized vanilla custard in a regular cone sounds wonderful, it won't change the outcome of my day!

What is fun about those trips it that it is a family occasion. We all get our shoes and hats and stroll over to the ice cream stand. Steve and I catch up on our day while Keller points out every dog we see and says "woof, woof" in the tiniest voice you've ever heard. THAT is what makes getting ice cream fun. Spending time enjoying each other and our peaceful little neighborhood with nothing else on our minds. I hope tonite after dinner we can enjoy a nice walk and just enjoy each other's company!

Take time to think about what makes your doing so fulfilling. I expect that if you think about it long enough you will find it isn't the event or the stuff you buy, but the people you are with.

No comments: